Pergola And Gazebo Contractor
Commercial properties with pergolas and gazebos are like walking through heaven. There’s almost nothing so relaxing than taking in these landscaping accents. On some properties, gazebos are preferred over pergolas, or vice versa, or both designs are used in a larger landscaped outdoor living area.
What is a Gazebo?
A gazebo is a large, octagonal structure usually set in a garden or similarly landscaped space. Gazebos are used often as a community congregation location. Though most are built from wood, you can build gazebos from other materials as well.
Though gazebos have roofs, they are also open on all sides. Some gazebo designs are customized with screens to protect against insects or alternatively, are built so large that they are more commonly referred to ‘bandstands’.
What is a Pergola?
A pergola differs from a gazebo, usually used to shade a walkway, passageway, or sitting area. The structure of a pergola is built from a combination of posts or pillars with supporting beams and an open lattice. Most popular in desert climates, pergolas still find their fair share of use in commercial and residential settings. They provide an excellent place for vines to grow, enjoy shade, and add a whole new dynamic to one’s landscaping. There are three main differences between gazebos and pergolas, and they’re as follows.
- Gazebos are round and octagonal – usually – compared to pergolas which come rectangular or square.
- Gazebos have a roof while pergolas have cross beams but no enclosed roof.
- Gazebos exist as separate structures from all other structures. Pergolas can link multiple structures together or be used as standalone structures.
The Benefits to Hiring a Contractor to Build a Pergola or Gazebo
Both, pergolas and gazebos, are very simple structures that don’t take a lot of materials to create. They can subsequently add a ton in value, especially in cultivating the right appearance, combined with landscaping and other outdoor living elements. Here are some of the amazing benefits to installing structures like these on your property.
- Use your imagination to create unique, unexpected structures that highlight key features of your landscaping. Be as artistic and dynamic as you want.
- Change the entire look of your outdoor space on a minimal budget. Both pergolas and gazebos make for great accents in a garden.
- Create a community-gathering area that fosters connection between anyone using the space. A gazebo is a great place to sit and have a conversation, while a pergola is a wonderful setting to have a stroll around.
- Encourage exploration of your outdoor living space. If someone sees a gazebo in the distance or an inviting pergola, it becomes difficult not to want to walk over and check it out. In terms of commercial spaces that are accustomed to party-hosting and/or networking, you intelligently design small areas where people can cluster and converse.
- Architecturally speaking, pergolas in particular can add a lot of dynamics and interest inside a setting that could be lacking.
- Inside a gazebo or under a pergola, there’s an added sense of privacy. Once you start adding things like drapes, plant life, latticework, and screens, you get even more comfort and privacy.
Why Choose Us
GTA Decks are a team of highly trained carpenters, experienced and qualified. We take time in getting the details of a pergola or gazebo just right. This is what makes our workmanship top-level for any and all freestanding projects.
Coming to the table with over 30 years of experience, there isn’t a better pergola and gazebo contractor out there. We also work with many high end exotic woods common to these builds, like pressure treated, cedar wood, Brazilian IPE wood, Douglas fir wood, and more. Combine materials like these with structural steel and stainless steel fasteners, bolts, and more, and you won’t be disappointed in the finished product!
Both gazebos and pergolas make for a wonderful place to relax and enjoy company while also maximizing a property’s visual appeal. Hire a deck building contractor in Toronto you trust. Contact us today for a free no-obligation quote on your property.
Best Quality Deck Material Choices