IPE Maintenance Toronto
IPE decking brings together a highly durable material with beauty that’s tough to match. Compared to other deck materials on the market, IPE is heavily favoured by commercial and residential customers alike.
What is IPE Wood?
If you’re considering hiring a deck building service in Toronto to build you a deck for your commercial property, the material you choose is important. It’s got to be able to handle the foot traffic, withstand weather, and be able to take everything that comes with a commercial deck. You’ve also got color and design considerations to make. IPE is one of the more adaptable materials out and we at GTA Decks can help you in maintaining your IPE decking. Here’s more information.
IPE decks are built from – you guessed it! – IPE wood which is otherwise referred to as Brazilian walnut. There are many, many advantages to choosing this wood, including the fact that it’s dense, durable, and aesthetically gorgeous. As your deck contractor, these are some of the reasons IPE decking is recommended. The way it can withstand Toronto weather, including our winters, is also very impressive. It’s almost the perfect deck wood material.
Benefits of IPE Wood
- In business, appearances count for a lot. We know that. Thankfully, aesthetics and performance aren’t mutually exclusive when it comes to IPE. The dark hues of this wood make for a distinctive, beautiful look. Brazilian walnut is also known to contain a large amount of natural oils which further add luster you won’t find in other woods.
- IPE is resistant to snow, rain, and moisture, can withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures, and it is immune to mold, mildew, and other types of decay.
- IPE has a large amount of oil inside of it which increases its water resistance while also repelling insects. There’s no need to spray insecticides or any toxins in the air to ward off insects. You also won’t have to worry about insects eating through the wood and causing damage.
- IPE wood is hard and dense, one of the densest woods available in Canada for decking. IPE has the same fire-resistant rating as steel and concrete.
- Assuming your IPE is properly maintained over the years, it could last 3 decades or more. The average lifespan for IPE wood is 75 years, in fact!
This isn’t all to say IPE decking doesn’t come with some maintenance requirements and challenges. Because of the natural oils in the wood, most commercial properties will retain the natural look of the Brazilian walnut. IPE wood cannot be painted however it can be oiled and stained. The initial cost upfront is also higher as it’s a more expensive, higher quality material. Despite this, money’s saved over the course of decades as maintenance costs, repair and replacement, and insect prevention methods aren’t anywhere near as high as other woods.
Why Choose Us
At GTA Decks, we are proud to offer IPE decking to our clients. When it comes to exotic wood deck finishing and maintenance, there’s nothing as dense or durable as IPE. As a Toronto deck contractor, we love working with it.
With over 30 years of experience doing wood deck building services in the GTA, we know our stuff. Offering free no-obligation quotes and estimates, all you have to do is give us a call. All our contractors are certified, insured, trained, and professional. Our experience and reputation speaks for itself, with quality and satisfaction guaranteed. Just like our contractor services are superior to our competitors, we believe materials like IPE wood are the way of the future in GTA decking. Hire us and we’ll ensure your
IPE wood retains its charm for decades to come.
Best Quality Deck Material Choices